Friday, January 9, 2009

There is too much. Let me sum up.

Living and working in Bay St. Louis, MS is certainly a change from Pearlington, MS. The most obvious is change is community. I actually have more than one friend. More than one person to see and hang out with every day. It is great to have guys around - good guys that I can bounce stuff off of and just have real life and real friendship with. I happen to live with two of them. We have a nice yellow house (dubbed the Yellow Submarine) at the end of a very quiet street. We would probably never get any visitors if it were not for our killer array of DVDs - namely The Office and Arrested Development - or our dogs. All of my friends know that deep down they only come to the house with hopes that Dizzy will snort in their direction. The screened in wrap-around porch should cement our house as the coolest hangout in the Bay come spring time. You heard it here first.

I drove home for Christmas break. My beautiful and wonderful puppy decided to eat a patch of burrs in the middle of Virginia which allowed me to experience what it is like to have a sick dog in the car for a few hours straight. If you have not done this, it will change you. I assume children might be a fair substitute if you don't have access to a puppy.

But home was good. I really love the Bay but I needed to get home and see my family. Doing this type of work is pretty draining and I just needed to be away from here for a while. It was great to see everyone, but the goodbyes were particularly difficult after this trip for some reason. It is good to be back though and trust me, it is a much nicer trip in an twenty year old 4Runner than it is on a twenty-five year old motorcycle. Been there, done that.

So, this is our first week back from Christmas break and it has been a great week. I've been working on a house just north of Waveland, MS. This week I planned to focus on painting the house and building the front and rear stair landings but this team has been amazing. They've not only painted the house, but they've also insulated the house, built a set up stairs to the house, and are finishing up the drywall right now. All this on a house that is 12 feet in the air! Teams like this are the ones I love. They come down with hearts to serve, and leaders who are able to keep the team moving. It has been great!

Moose is doing very well. She loves this site and loves being around the teams. This house seems to be especially good for her because there isn't much traffic and there is a large bayou right behind the house. The team really likes her and at any point she someone to throw the ball for her at her bidding. She's a spoiled little puppy, that's for sure.

It is pretty hard to jump into the idea of starting a blog - So much is currently going on in my life that it would take pages and pages to catch up on my thoughts and feelings. So for now, I'm going to start with a new slate. Check back every few days to catch up on the life of Jeremy in Bay St. Louis. Also, check into the Lagniappe Church website to catch up on more pictures and a more church-wide view of what's happening here in the Bay.

7 comments:

  1. Dude, you're blogging! Sweet. Welcome to the club :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, JEREMY IS BLOGGING TOO--I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING UPDATED NEWS OFTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging!!! That's awesome! Love seeing the pics and hearing the work of what God is doing...

    Keep it coming Jer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremy,
    Hope you're feeling better. It was great serving with you on Amy's house. Thanks for
    your help and leadership.
    In Christ,
    Gregg Moore (aka: the guy who heard you from inside the house and passed your drill to you while you were doing your balance beam act on a treated 2 x 4, ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeremy,
    I was sorry I wasn't at dinner when you came and said goodbye to the Mt.Airy team. I really enjoyed working with you and I am continuing to pray that you feel better. I hope you get a chance to stop by and visit up this way sometime. We would all love to see you (and Vince). There are several of us who would be happy to have you stay with us anytime. I'll look forward to your updates on the blog.
    Pat Moore (Mt. Airy, MD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeremy,

    It was great to have you as our "servant leader". And I will also be looking forward to your blogs!

    God Bless,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete